My Sister's Wardrobe Was the Real Problem

Sister: “You are absolutely not going anywhere with those nerdy friends of yours dressed like that. No way!”

Dad: “I agree with your sister. That outfit is hardly appropriate.”

The son looked down at himself, then back at his father.

Son: “Seriously?”

Sister: “Seriously! That's my body you're walking around in!”

Dad: “And that's precisely why we need to have a conversation. We still don't know what caused this bizarre body swap, but until we figure it out, you need to remember one very important thing.”

He paused, giving his son a stern look.

Dad: “That body isn't yours.”

Son: “I know, Dad.”

Dad: “Then you should respect your sister's wishes and dress appropriately.”

Son: “I would, but there's a small problem.”

His father raised an eyebrow.

Dad: “What problem?”

Son: “I didn't choose the clothes. I just opened her wardrobe and discovered that my sister apparently has a very creative definition of ‘something to wear around the house.’”

Silence.

His father slowly turned toward his daughter.

Sister: “Don't look at me like that. They're comfortable.”

Dad: “Comfortable?”

Sister: “Very.”

The father sighed.

Dad: “So let me get this straight. You're angry at him for wearing your clothes…”

Sister: “Yes!”

Dad: “…while he's wearing the clothes you left in your own wardrobe.”

She hesitated.

Sister: “When you put it that way…”

Son: “Exactly.”

His sister narrowed her eyes.

Sister: “Fine. But you're still not going out dressed like that.”

Son: “And what exactly am I supposed to wear?”

The father looked between them, rubbing his temples as a headache began to form. He shook his head, completely exhausted by the sheer absurdity of the situation.

Dad: “I’m leaving. You two figure this out. Just... try not to ruin each other's lives before dinner.”

The room fell quiet for a moment. The brother looked down at his sister's hands, flexing the delicate fingers, before looking up at her, now trapped in his own tall, awkward frame. The tension in the air dissolved into a reluctant, shared smile.


Sister: “You really are a menace, you know that?”
Son: “Hey, I'm just trying to survive the day.”
He chuckled, adjusting the the outfit. He stepped closer and offered a reassuring, genuine nod.
Son: “Don't worry. I promise to take very good care of your body.”
His sister rolled her eyes.
The brother grinned widely, a spark of absolute triumph in his eyes.
Son: “Oh, don't worry about them. Your body will be a huge success in our RPG session.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the Workshop Changed Sides

Measuring Myself Now...

FeMMCorp (interactive caption [working again!])