I Woke Up as My Boss's Secretary... and Nobody Suspects a Thing
Yesterday...
I was the kind of intern people forgot was in the room.
If the printer jammed, they called me.
If coffee spilled, I cleaned it up.
If someone needed a stack of documents delivered upstairs, I was "that guy."
Nobody remembered my name.
Nobody looked at me twice.
The only person I ever noticed...
...was her.
The boss's secretary.
Always wearing elegant glasses.
Perfectly pressed blouse.
Black skirt.
Sheer pantyhose.
High heels that somehow clicked across the office floor with impossible confidence.
Everyone greeted her.
Everyone respected her.
She was the kind of woman who could silence an entire meeting just by walking in with a folder.
Me?
I tried not to trip over the carpet.
Then...
I woke up in her body.
The first thing I noticed wasn't the curves.
Or the long hair.
It was the glasses.
I put them on almost instinctively...
...and laughed.
"At least they're almost my prescription."
Small victories.
The second thing I noticed...
Walking in high heels isn't nearly as easy as she made it look.
And pantyhose somehow have the magical ability to remind you they're there every single second.
By the time I reached the office...
Something strange started happening.
People smiled at me.
They held doors open.
Three different coworkers invited me to dinner before lunch.
The IT guy fixed my computer before I even asked.
The receptionist complimented my perfume.
The boss thanked me for "always keeping everything under control."
Me.
The same guy nobody could remember yesterday.
I should have been terrified.
Instead...
I caught myself enjoying it.
Maybe a little too much.
Every admiring glance.
Every polite smile.
Every compliment.
It was dangerously easy to forget this wasn't my life.
Sometimes I wonder what she's doing in my body.
Is she sitting at my tiny desk pretending to be the awkward intern?
Is she laughing at how easy this all turned out to be?
Or...
Did she plan this from the beginning?
Honestly...
I'm not even sure I want to know.
Especially after checking today's schedule.
Apparently...
I already have dinner plans.
With the boss.
What's the first thing that would make you realize something isn't right?
Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment! I'll apreciate!