The Body You Said Was Easy
I folded my arms and leaned casually against the doorframe while she stood there, staring at me through tear-filled eyes.
“Remember how this happened in the first place? You’re the one who threw me into this body a year ago.”
Diana looked away.
“Oh, don't give me that look. You remember exactly what you said. You were always complaining about your body, your weight, your metabolism... everything except your own habits.”
I smiled.
“You used to tell your boyfriend that all you needed was a little discipline and you'd have a perfect body. You blamed your metabolism every time you ordered another enormous meal. You insisted that men had it easy, that testosterone practically did the work for us, and that if you had a male body, you'd be an athlete without even trying.”
I glanced down at myself.
“Well... here we are. One year later.”
The woman standing in front of Diana was the result of twelve months of relentless effort. Long black hair, a completely transformed silhouette, and the kind of confidence that only comes from knowing exactly how much work had gone into creating it.
“And, honestly, I have to thank you.”
Diana's eyes narrowed.
“Thank me?”
“Absolutely. You gave me the opportunity of a lifetime.”
I gestured toward myself with an amused smile.
“This body was your body. You handed it to me like a problem you didn't want anymore. I spent the last twelve months treating it like a project.”
Her expression hardened.
“You have no right to keep it.”
“Oh, I think I do.”
I laughed softly.
“You ruined my old body in twelve months, Diana. I spent those same twelve months rebuilding yours from the ground up. So forgive me if I consider the result my achievement.”
She opened her mouth to argue, but I raised a hand.
“And before you start, yes, I remember exactly what you used to say about men.”
That stopped her.
“You were always telling everyone that being a man was easier. Higher metabolism. More muscle. More testosterone. Less effort. You made it sound as if men woke up every morning with a free pass to eat whatever they wanted.”
I tilted my head.
“So explain something to me.”
I stepped closer.
“If male biology is really the magical shortcut you claimed it was, how did you manage to destroy my old body in just twelve months?”
Diana went silent.
“That’s what I thought.”
I wasn't finished.
“Because I spent this entire year waking up early, planning my meals, counting what I was putting into my body, lifting weights, running when I didn't feel like running, and going back to the gym even when I was exhausted.”
I smiled.
“You know what the funny part is? I didn't magically become disciplined because of the body I was in. I became disciplined because I finally decided to be.”
Diana looked down at herself.
She was now wearing the body I had once taken for granted. The transformation had gone in the opposite direction during the same twelve months. My old physique had lost its shape, my clothes no longer fit the way they once had, and the body that had supposedly been blessed with the easiest possible metabolism had become the perfect demonstration that biology couldn't replace personal choices.
Meanwhile, Diana had discovered something she had never expected.
A body could change.
A lot.
But habits changed it too.
“Do you know what happened after all that work?” I asked.
She shook her head.
“You've already seen it.”
Her face turned red.
“Your ex-boyfriend.”
I couldn't help laughing.
“He completely lost his mind when he saw this version of you.”
Diana's eyes widened.
“You saw his feed, didn't you?”
That explained the tears.
I leaned over and picked up my phone.
“He posted another picture from the beach yesterday.”
I turned the screen toward her for just a second.
“And yes, that's me beside him.”
Her jaw dropped.
“Sorry. Your old boyfriend.”
I smiled innocently.
“Now he's my boyfriend.”
She stared at me in disbelief.
“Don't look so shocked. You gave me your body. Apparently, you gave me your boyfriend too.”
Diana covered her face with both hands.
“Oh, come on. Don't cry.”
I paused, then looked down at the outfit I was wearing.
“Actually, there's something else you might recognize.”
I tugged lightly at the pink textured jumpsuit.
“You bought this, remember?”
Diana slowly looked up.
“You always said you loved it, but you never had the courage to wear it because you thought the fabric would show every little imperfection.”
I smoothed the material over my waist.
“Well, look at it now.”
The jumpsuit fit perfectly.
“Funny, isn't it? The same outfit you were afraid would ‘show too much’ now fits the body I built over the last year.”
I turned slightly in front of the mirror.
“And before you complain, yes, I know exactly how much work went into getting here.”
For a moment, neither of us spoke.
Then I looked back at her.
“You know, Diana, I think that's the real lesson here.”
She frowned.
“You spent years saying that everything would be easier if you had a different body. Different hormones. Different metabolism. Different gender.”
I shrugged.
“But then we switched.”
“And somehow, the body you thought would solve all your problems didn't.”
I pointed toward the gym bag sitting beside the door.
“While the body you blamed for everything became this.”
Diana looked at me bitterly.
I gave her a sympathetic smile.
“Maybe biology matters. Of course it does. But it was never the whole story.”
I picked up my bag.
“You wanted a perfect body without changing the habits that came with it. I wanted to prove I could build one.”
I walked toward the door, then stopped.
“Oh, and Diana?”
She looked at me.
“You can keep the old clothes.”
I glanced at the oversized shirt she was wearing.
“None of mine fit you anymore anyway.”
Her expression was priceless.
I grinned.
“Try not to blame your metabolism.”
Then I headed for the gym.
“Being disciplined is apparently much harder than blaming biology.”
I looked back one last time.
“But don't worry. I'm still a man.”
I smiled.
“Just one who finally knows what he's capable of.”
And with that, I left Diana standing there with her tears, her excuses, and the body she had spent a year proving she didn't know how to take care of.
My workout, on the other hand, was waiting.
Check out the most recent story: The Mistress, the Message and the Magic
Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment! I'll apreciate!