The Price of the Investment
Marshall simply leaned back against the wall, incredulous, unable to accept what had happened in court days earlier.
On the day of his divorce hearing, oozing arrogance and with pockets full of money, he decided to challenge the magistrate. He looked at the judge and blurted out, with utter disrespect:
"Your Honor, the woman standing before you wouldn't even exist without me! If she wants my assets so badly, she should know she’s already gotten plenty. You wouldn't believe the amount of money I invested to make her presentable enough to walk beside a man like me."
The judge simply stared at him, raising an eyebrow, letting the man keep digging his own grave.
"You see... she has all the beauty needed to snag another fool out there. If she wants a share of my cash, it’s only fair that she pays me back for every cosmetic procedure and treatment I funded!"
Losing patience and unwilling to tolerate another second of such arrogance, the judge banged his gavel and handed down the most unbelievable ruling in the court's history:
"Very well. Since you are so insistent on getting back the cosmetic 'investments' you made in her, I decree that a portion of the disputed funds be used to perform EXACTLY the same procedures on you. Furthermore, I am imposing a fine of 50% of your remaining assets and an immediate prison sentence should you refuse the ruling. Case closed."
As Marshall spiraled into a panic, his ex-wife let out a triumphant laugh and whispered as she walked past him:
"Well... look on the bright side. When I go to collect my things from our old house, I’ll leave behind a gift that will finally fit you."
And there stood Marshall, frozen in the empty room. Lying on the bed, gleaming in the light, was that "good faith piece" she had left behind: an incredibly provocative black lace lingerie set, complete with a corset and thigh-high stockings. It was the perfect outfit for the man who would soon become the very work of art he had so heavily criticized.
Now, all that remained was for Marshall to accept that the "investment" had paid off... and that he would look incredibly great in it.
Check out the most recent story: The Cosplay Challenge
Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment! I'll apreciate!