The Bride Ran Away... and His Best Friend Said “I Do”
Nathan, still wearing his groom's suit, closed the door with a relieved sigh. At last, he was alone with his wife.
He turned around with a loving smile, but stopped when he saw her expression.
Sitting on the edge of the bed, the bride looked like a bundle of nerves. She adjusted the lace gloves covering her arms, crossed her slender legs in white lace-trimmed thigh-high stockings, and stared at him with wide eyes, as if she were about to explode.
“So... we have a dilemma,” she began, her voice trembling slightly. There was something about her cadence, however, that Nathan recognized immediately. “And now that we've reached this exact point, I honestly don't know what to do. The ceremony was beautiful, really... but I have to confess something. The real bride ran away.”
Nathan blinked and let out a nervous laugh as he loosened his tie.
“What do you mean, Chloe? What are you talking about? Is this some kind of joke?”
“I'm not Chloe, man! I'm Leo!” she exclaimed, suddenly jumping to her feet.
The movement made the short, bouffant skirt of her corseted wedding dress sway, and Leo nearly lost his balance in the white high heels. He caught himself against the headboard.
“Before the ceremony started, she called me into the dressing room. She knew I was your best friend, and she told me she was having doubts. Then she pulled this bizarre amulet out of her purse and suggested we switch bodies for ‘a few minutes.’”
Nathan's jaw tightened. His face went pale as he tried to process the absurdity of what he had just heard.
“Switch bodies...?” the groom stammered.
“Yes! Her plan was to talk to you while she was in my body, ask you a bunch of questions about your relationship, and see how you'd react to your best friend. She wanted honest answers,” Leo explained, desperately gesturing with his gloved hands as the pearl necklace around his neck swayed with every movement.
“Meanwhile, the bridesmaids came into the dressing room and started getting me ready in her body. I thought it would only take a few minutes! But those minutes turned into hours... those hours lasted through the entire ceremony, the reception... and now here we are.”
Leo took a hesitant step forward, staring at the groom with a mixture of guilt and panic.
“We're married, Nathan. And we have a lot of problems. I didn't see any sign of my own body during the ceremony or the reception, and I still haven't been able to contact her. She disappeared with my body and left both of us trapped in this situation.”
Nathan collapsed into an armchair, covering his face with both hands.
Silence filled the room again.
After several long seconds, the groom finally looked up.
His eyes traveled over the stunning white wedding dress, the elegant silhouette shaped by the corset, and the curly brown hair framing the bride's face.
Then it hit him.
The person who had stood beside him at the altar, held his hand tenderly, and said “I do”...
had been his best friend.
Nathan swallowed hard.
A new and unexpected tension settled over the room.
He slowly got to his feet and walked toward his best friend, still trapped in the bride's body.
“So you're telling me...” Nathan said, his voice suddenly quieter and more intense, “that the person who agreed to spend the rest of her life with me at the altar... was you?”
Leo's face turned bright red beneath the bride's flawless makeup.
His heart pounded against the tight corset as he realized something even more confusing.
Nathan didn't seem nearly as angry about the body swap as he probably should have been.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment! I'll apreciate!