He thought it was his wife, but it was his father-in-law... and he already knew everything!

Looking in the mirror had always been a purely functional act for me: checking if my beard was trimmed, making sure my polo shirt wasn't wrinkled, and that was it. But *that*? What I saw in the mirror was an insult to my five decades of traditional masculinity. And, at the same time, it was the most mesmerizing thing I had ever seen.

The long black nightgown hugged every curve of that body—which was now mine—as if the satin and lace had been fused to the skin. The slit ran up the thigh in a way that defied the laws of gravity, and the sheer lace bodice left very little to the imagination. I took a deep breath, feeling the lightweight fabric stretch and my chest—hers, really, but currently mine—rise and fall.

I picked up my daughter’s phone with slender, manicured fingers. I struck a classic influencer pose in the bedroom mirror—one leg slightly bent to highlight the nightgown’s slit—and snapped the photo.

“You were right, after all,” I typed to my own number, where my daughter’s soul now inhabited my old, fifty-year-old, beer-bellied body. “Trying on the lingerie you left behind for the trip actually helped me relax a bit. But don’t go bragging about it.”

I smiled faintly, feeling the weight of long, silky hair cascading over my bare shoulders. I thought I was playing her game. After all, the creature had assured me that her husband—my son-in-law, Arthur—wouldn't be back from the beach until late afternoon. I had hours to slip into that expensive underwear, have a laugh at her expense, and get back into my baggy cotton pajamas.

Click. The sharp sound of the front door lock turning made my heart plummet straight down to the heeled slippers I was barely managing to balance in.

"Honey? I'm home!" Arthur’s voice echoed from the hallway, but it didn't sound surprised. It sounded... eager.

I went into a total panic. A nightgown! I was standing in the middle of the room in a sheer nightgown! I glanced around, looking for a closet, a window, a portal to another dimension. There was no time to take it off.

His footsteps drew closer. I froze in the middle of the shag rug beside the bed, my hand still clutching my phone against my chest, trying in vain to cover my cleavage.

As Arthur crossed the threshold, he was tucking his own phone into his pocket. He stopped. His eyes—which usually held that slightly cowed "son-in-law" look that had always annoyed me during Sunday gatherings—swept over me from head to toe. His gaze traveled the length of the nightgown, moving up the daring slit in the leg, tracing my absurdly defined waist, and settling on the black lace detailing that outlined my bust.

Arthur swallowed hard. But there was no confusion on his face. Instead, a half-smile—almost predatory—spread across it, making me take an involuntary step back.

"Damn..." he whispered, closing the bedroom door behind him and leaning against it. "Your daughter wasn't kidding when she sent me that text at the beach."

I froze. My mind tried to process the sentence, moving too fast for my panic-stricken state.

"M-message?" My voice came out soft—almost a shy whisper—modulated by vocal cords that had never once yelled at a soccer referee in their life. Arthur took his phone out of his pocket and turned the screen toward me. There was the text sent from my old phone, written by my daughter: “I’ve set up a surprise in the bedroom. I think that, starting today, you and my dad are going to get along really, really well. Have fun. 😉”

I nearly jumped out of my skin (again). She had told him everything. The trap wasn't for him. It was for me.

“She explained the situation to me in a voice message on the way over,” Arthur continued, putting the phone away and taking a slow step toward me. “She said you were always criticizing me, thinking I wasn't man enough for the family. So, she thought it would be a good lesson to let you see—firsthand—what she sees in me.”

I wanted to curse, to scream, to run away. But seeing Arthur walk toward me, knowing exactly who I was, changed everything. His confidence, the boldness in his gaze... the kid I’d so underestimated was gone. In his place stood a focused man, exuding a magnetism that began to stir the biology of my new body in a frightening way.

"So..." I swallowed hard, crossing my arms to try and hide the sheer lace, though the slit in my nightgown still left my entire thigh exposed. "You know."

"I do," Arthur smiled, stopping inches away from me. His scent—a mix of sea air and imported cologne—filled my nostrils. My legs felt like jelly. "And you know something, 'Father-in-law'? You look absolutely stunning in that nightgown. Júlia has great taste."

He reached out and, with a boldness I never imagined he possessed, held my chin with firm fingers, tilting my face up to meet his gaze. A violent shiver raced up my spine. My male mind let out one last, desperate cry of pride: *Push the kid away!* But my body... my body loved the dominance. The soft skin of my face seemed to burn beneath his touch.

"What is it?" Arthur teased, his voice dropping an octave as his other hand settled firmly on my waist, right over the thin satin. "Where’s all that Sunday-lunch bravado? Are you going to lecture me while dressed like that?"

I looked at his lips, then at those brown eyes fixed on me with a mix of amusement and genuine, heavy desire. A new, overwhelming heat rose from the pit of my stomach. My tough-guy pride began to melt away, replaced by an overwhelming feminine vanity and the forbidden thrill of the situation. My daughter wanted me to understand what she saw in her husband? Well, I understood perfectly. And the boy had serious, undeniable presence.

"If I’m going to play her game..." I thought, letting a slow, mysterious, and devastatingly charming smile spread across my perfectly painted lips.

Instead of pulling away, I leaned into the weight of his hand on my waist, pressing my satin-clad body against his chest. I rested my hands on Arthur’s broad shoulders—feeling the muscles beneath the shirt’s light fabric—and tilted my head slightly, letting my long hair fall away to expose my neck and the lace neckline.

"You talk too much for someone who got a free pass from his own wife, Arthur," I whispered close to his ear, letting my soft voice play with the provocation. I glanced briefly at the double bed right behind us before locking eyes with him again; his gaze now burned like glowing embers. "Let’s see if you’re as tough as your tough-guy act suggests."

Arthur smiled, his eyes gleaming with desire as he realized that his tough father-in-law had just completely surrendered to the power of the nightgown and his own charm. And I, wrapped in black satin and lace, finally accepted that this afternoon would be the greatest lesson of my life.

Comments

Last week Most viewed posts

The Dress Was Just the Beginning