Hard choices

“Ah... you’re finally awake. I imagine you’re still a little confused, right? Don’t worry, it’s just one of the many side effects of my beloved experimental serum. I know, I know, I didn’t tell you about all of them, did I? Well, in the male guinea pigs, the results were fascinating. Nausea, vomiting, dizziness... and, little by little, the aggressiveness disappeared. They became more docile, younger. But there was a side effect... peculiar. The Y chromosome always ended up mutating into an X chromosome.”

He stepped forward, a satisfied smile on his lips, while you blinked, trying to focus.

“Of course I imagined the same would happen in humans, and, lo and behold... I was right. So, while you naively drank that horrible protein shake of yours, before leaving the lab... I added a massive dose of the serum. You thought you could sell the rights to my project to that rotten corporation and get away with it, didn’t you? You thought everything would be fine, that your betrayal would go unnoticed. But you know what’s funny? I have friends too, and one of them works for those scoundrels. He told me everything.”

He tilted his head, as if studying you.

“Now look at you. No identity, no past, no proof of who you were. Everything you built... has crumbled. And now, I give you two choices: you can become my personal secretary, or... when I sign that billion-dollar contract that was supposed to be yours, you can become my lovely trophy wife.”

He laughed, a low, cruel sound, as the weight of the situation fell upon you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A fitting role

A brand new identity