The Woman of His Dreams
It had all started when David, desperate to overcome his shyness and learn how to talk to girls, decided to rummage through a box of old things Raymond had brought back from his sister's house. Inside, he found a self-help audiobook with a peculiar title:
Becoming Anyone's Dream Woman.
Raymond had tried to warn him at the time, laughing as he said, "Dude, just listen to it and mentally replace the word 'woman' with 'man' whenever it gives you advice."
He assumed his friend would take the hint.
He didn't.
Little by little, David's demeanor began to change. He became calmer, more serene, and developed an almost obsessive sense of vanity. He bought expensive cosmetics, let his hair grow down to his shoulders, and started showing off long, perfectly manicured nails.
Since their college and work schedules barely overlapped during that period, Raymond didn't pay much attention to it.
Until that evening, when he noticed some bizarre pieces of clothing hanging on the laundry line and decided to investigate.
He knocked on the door.
Instead of hearing his friend's deep voice, Raymond heard a soft, melodious tone.
"Come in..."
Raymond turned the handle and froze.
He instinctively took a step backward, his eyes nearly popping out of their sockets.
Standing before him was a breathtakingly beautiful woman, finishing the job of tying the ribbons on a hot-pink lace corset. Her blonde hair was arranged in voluminous pink curlers, while a pearl necklace and satin bow adorned her neck. Her makeup was dramatic, with heavily rouged cheeks, enormous eyelashes, and glossy lips.
Recognizing David's features beneath all the makeup and styling worthy of a classic doll, Raymond swallowed hard in shock.
"Dude... what the hell happened to you?!"
David—or whatever Raymond was supposed to call him now—adjusted the jewelry in his ear, looked at Raymond with disarming innocence, and smiled.
"Well, I finally finished listening to the entire audiobook. And now I believe I've achieved exactly what the cover promised."
Raymond stood there speechless, unsure whether he should be looking at the corset or his friend's startlingly blue eyes.
He reached over to the dresser, picked up a small white hand mirror, and held it out to the person standing in front of him.
"Dude, have you actually looked in the mirror? Like, really looked?"
David took the mirror with delicate fingers.
As he stared at his reflection, his eyes widened and his lips parted in pure astonishment. He raised his free hand to his mouth, touching his flawless skin, and let out a soft gasp.
"Wow... I... don't I look like the woman of your dreams? Or maybe I went a little overboard with the makeup?"
Before Raymond could formulate a coherent response, David broke the silence.
He gently lowered the white mirror, ran his fingers over the ribbons of his corset, and gave Raymond an incredibly sweet smile that sent his stomach into a somersault.
"I thought I'd finish up here and make dinner for you," David said, his soft, melodious voice nothing like the old David's. "Then we can sit down and watch a movie. After all, I know your tastes pretty well, and I promise I won't fall asleep during any action movie you pick..."
He paused, smiling.
"But if you really want to impress me, I love romance!"
Raymond took another step backward, feeling heat rush into his cheeks.
David's newfound sweetness and almost overwhelming cuteness were disarming.
The self-help audiobook hadn't merely changed his friend's body.
It had transformed David into the exact embodiment of what Raymond secretly found attractive in a partner.
"Dinner? Movie?" Raymond stammered, rubbing the back of his neck. "David, dude... you're acting like... like you're my girlfriend."
David tilted his head to one side, making the pearl earrings sway gently against his neck. His long eyelashes fluttered with disarming innocence.
"And would that be a bad thing?" he asked, taking a small step toward Raymond.
The faint scent of vanilla and face powder filled the hallway.
"The book says the woman of your dreams supports her partner, takes care of the home, and knows how to create the perfect atmosphere. I just want you to feel good after a long day at work."
He smiled sweetly.
"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to the kitchen."
David walked past Raymond with a subtle, natural sway, leaving his roommate standing frozen in the middle of the hallway as the perfect silhouette in the pink corset disappeared toward the stove.
Raymond swallowed hard.
He knew he should probably start looking for a way to reverse whatever had happened to his friend.
But the idea of having a stunning woman taking care of him—and actually wanting to watch all his favorite movies—was beginning to sound far too tempting.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment! I'll apreciate!