The Mafia Boss Who Lost Everything... Including His Body
Then came the trap.
The chemical my enemies had prepared didn't kill my body. It killed the man I used to be.
When I awoke, the brutal strength that had always defined me was gone. Powerful muscles had given way to a small, delicate frame with a narrow waist, slender hands, and a youthful face I barely recognized in the mirror. But the worst part wasn't my appearance. My emotions felt painfully heightened, and an irrational fear surfaced whenever someone came too close.
That was the state Dominic found me in, cornered inside the abandoned warehouse.
For years, he had been my second-in-command. The man who once waited for my orders now looked at me like a predator studying helpless prey. I tried to summon the commanding presence that had ruled the underworld for so long, but my voice faltered before I could finish a single sentence. My small hands trembled uncontrollably. There was nothing left about me that inspired fear.
Dominic stepped forward, silently savoring the irony of the moment. Triumph gleamed in his eyes as he noticed the tears I struggled to hold back. With a firm hand, he lifted my chin, forcing me to meet his gaze.
"Just look at you," he said, a faint smile playing across his lips. "The man who ruled this city can barely hold my gaze now."
Every word shattered another piece of the identity I had spent a lifetime building. For the first time, I had no strength to fight back, no authority to hide my vulnerability. His presence, once familiar, had become overwhelming. The contrast between his broad, confident frame and my own fragile body made my heart race in ways I couldn't understand.
It was humiliating.
And, as much as I hated to admit it, there was something strangely comforting about standing before someone so strong.
Dominic realized it before I did. A knowing smile crossed his face as he gently wrapped an arm around my shoulders, the gesture firm yet unmistakably protective.
"You're never going back to that world of blood and war," he said, leaving no room for argument. "The king of this city is dead."
The last walls around my heart finally crumbled. I buried my face against his chest, and for the first time since the transformation, I stopped fighting what I had become.
The man everyone had feared now existed only as a memory.
Standing before the city's new ruler, I was nothing more than a young woman seeking shelter in the arms of the man I had once called my subordinate.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment! I'll apreciate!