Sweet Disguise Operation: From Father and Son to Mother and Daughter in Witness Protection

“How did we even end up in this situation?” asked the man who, only a few weeks ago, had gone by the name Arthur—the respected, stern fifty-year-old father of the family.

Now, however, his reflection in the brushed steel of the kitchen showed a stunning mature blonde woman with wavy hair, wearing a burgundy satin pajama set trimmed with delicate lace. He stirred a bowl of strawberry frosting with a wooden spoon, desperately trying to maintain the imposing demeanor that no longer matched his appearance in the slightest.

Beside him, tasting the pink frosting straight from the wire whisk, was Andrew—or rather, the young and stunning brunette in pale pink silk pajamas who now looked every bit like his daughter.

“I'm sorry again, Dad,” Andrew replied, his sweet, melodic voice still something he was learning to control. “I know I never listened to you, and now here we are, stuck in this crazy ‘witness protection program.’ But I had to find a way to get away with the mob's money and make sure we could live peacefully once everything was over. I just never imagined the government's plan for erasing our old identities would involve turning us into mother and daughter.”

The former father sighed, adjusting the lace strap of the pajama top that stubbornly kept slipping from his soft shoulder.

“I'm not complaining about the plan itself, Andrew... I was just thinking out loud because this whole situation is surreal. Look at us. We're standing here in the kitchen, making sweets for the guys protecting us in the living room, dressed like this, with perfect makeup, as if we were getting ready for a romantic date.”

Andrew giggled mischievously, casting a sideways glance at his “father.”

“Oh, come on, Dad! You think I didn't notice? I saw you having quite the friendly little conversation with Officer James in the hallway earlier. Lots of smiles, too.”

The blonde's perfectly made-up cheeks immediately turned bright red, almost matching the color of his pajamas.

“Son! Show some respect!” he scolded, momentarily forgetting the disguise. “I'm your father, and I'm doing everything I can to keep this cover convincing. You know perfectly well how this whole thing has turned our lives upside down and... well, it was only a couple of strategic kisses to throw them off.”

Andrew nearly dropped the whisk.

“Kisses?! I didn't know about that part!” His brown eyes widened as he stared at his “mother.” “I thought I was the only one getting involved with someone behind the scenes...”

This time, the former father stopped stirring and stared at him in disbelief.

“What?! You're seeing Samuel and you didn't tell me? And here I was, dying of embarrassment because I thought I was the only one breaking protocol!”

Andrew shrugged with a mischievous smile, wiping a little pink frosting from his thigh.

“Well, now that everything is out in the open and neither of us is exactly innocent...” Andrew leaned toward his “mother,” lowering his voice into a conspiratorial girlish whisper. “You're going to have to help me pick something to wear to impress Samuel tomorrow. I also happened to peek inside your drawer earlier, and I saw a few things I'm pretty sure Officer James would love to see you wearing.”

The former father's blue eyes widened, caught somewhere between shock and an irresistible urge to laugh at the sheer audacity of his son.

He went back to whisking the frosting, shaking his head with an amused smirk.

“You little troublemaker... Finish decorating those sweets before they come in here. But fine. Once we're done with our duty, we'll take a look through the closet.”

That night, between cake beaters, strawberry frosting, and whispered confessions in the kitchen of the safe house, there were no more secrets between the two of them.

The government's forced transformation had turned their lives upside down, but with their future secured and their hearts apparently occupied, their new life as mother and daughter no longer seemed like such a terrible disguise after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the Workshop Changed Sides

FeMMCorp (interactive caption [Revisited])

Measuring Myself Now...