Double date?

"Let me get this straight," Douglas said, raising an eyebrow. "You disappeared for a year after the divorce, went to Thailand for the full reassignment package. For the past three months, you've been exchanging spicy messages with your ex-wife's new husband—the guy who caused your divorce in the first place. And now you're meeting him to, uh... 'formalize' your little affair?" He made air quotes. "So, why exactly did you call me here?"

Ruppert smirked mischievously, shrugging as if it was the most natural thing in the world. "Oh, with him it’s just for fun, you know? I want her to feel the same way I did. Payback!" He winked.

Douglas blinked, still confused. "Okay... and what does that have to do with me?"

"With you... well, I was thinking... after I wrap up this whole thing, how about we grab a beer? Chat a bit, you know, chill?"

Douglas laughed, shaking his head. "So, you're asking me to be the consolation prize after your revenge? Man, you really haven't changed at all!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A fitting role

A brand new identity